For good health and hygiene, you need to take clean, safe water. For a productive society and community supply of clean and safe water is a must. Unsafe or contaminated water carries germs and unwanted objects that directly hurts your body and makes it sick. Few diseases, some of which can be as dangerous as fatal, which are waterborne are as follows:
• Giardiasis, and many many more.
Therefore, the water used should be treated such that it is free of any contamination so that it is safe when taken.
How is water treated?
The process of treating water might not be precisely same everywhere, but the fundamental principle always remains the same. So, let’s see standard treatment processes.
- Flocculation/ Coagulation: Untreated water is added to liquid aluminium sulfate (alum) and When this gets mixed with water, coagulation occurs, or the dirt and tiny particles stick together. Slowly the sticking together of dirt gets on accumulating converting into a large object called as flocs, and they are very easily removed from the water through the process of filtration.
- Sedimentation: The water is moved slowly in the sedimentation basins, therefore, the flocs which are heavy settle down to the bottom. They are also called as sludge. But in case of direct filtration, the process of sedimentation is excluded. The floc is removed through the process of filtration.
- Filtration: A filter is used for removing particles from water; then the process of filtration collects the suspended impurities. Filters are usually made of gravel and sand gravel layers and also sometimes with crushed anthracite. The filter is routinely backwashed to keep it clean.
- Disinfection: This is another crucial process, before entering the distribution system water is disinfected. This process ensures that bacteria, virus and other parasite get destroyed before the water is supplied. The best disinfectant used is chlorine. Chlorine in pushed in the water in a residual concentration so that contamination of water doesn’t happen.
- Fluoridation: This process is used in the community supplies of water. Through this process, the fluoride ion, which is free, the concentration is adjusted to the optimum level so that to reduce dental caries.
- pH Correction: For improving the pH value of the water, lime is added.
If you are trying to buy water treatment systems, Unimanix is a perfect option.